Jeffrey A. Fessler is a Professor in the Systems Lab of the ECE Division within the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department of the College of Engineering, located within the scenic North Campus of The University of Michigan in the terrific town of Ann Arbor, Michigan. I also am affiliated with the Biomedical Engineering Department and with the Division of Nuclear Medicine within the Department of Radiology.
The University of Michigan has been rated as the top US public university.
My research interests include medical imaging, tomography, nonparametric estimation, and inverse problems, with current and past projects in X-ray CT, MRI, PET, SPECT, radiation therapy, and image registration. I am interested both in developing algorithms for these problems, as well as analyzing and predicting the properties of these algorithms.My students work on a wide variety of imaging projects, both for medical imaging and some non-medical imaging problems. For a snapshot of our current research, see recent preprints under the “publication” link below.
- Publications: reprints and preprints
- Software: Image reconstruction toolbox (for Matlab). Includes tomography, NUFFT, MRI. Open source and free!
- Software: ASPIRE image reconstruction software (Free!)
- Software: TERSE: transmission and emission reconstruction environment for SPECT
- Software: Vspline (vector spline) smoothing package
- Results illustrating iterative image reconstruction (picture gallery).
- Opinions about image reconstruction (outdated)
- Projects “currently” in progress
- Prospective students
- Graduate students / dissertations
- Course information
- EE Curr. Comm. (EECS access only)
- Biographical information
- Bibliographies for imaging
- url public
- Junk under construction
- ICERM workshop on Computational and Analytical Aspects of Image Reconstruction
- ISBI (IEEE Symposium on Biomedical Imaging)
- Fully 3D Image Reconstruction Conference
Research in my group is supported in part by GE Healthcare, Intel Corporation, and KLA-Tencor.
4431 EECS Bldg., 1301 Beal Ave.
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2122